Friday, February 17, 2006

Carnation

The Merriam-Webster online says;
1 a (1) : the variable color of human flesh (2) : a pale to grayish yellow b : a moderate red
2 : a plant of any of numerous often cultivated and usually double-flowered varieties or subspecies of an Old World pink (Dianthus caryophyllus) orig. flesh-colored but now found in many color variations

Last week, I went to one of supermarkets to buy flower for my friend. There was more flower than what I expected. There were rose, tulip and carnation. I immediately took rose in my hand because” you never go wrong with rose.” Before stepping into cashier, I looked back where I got the rose, and then I found there was beautiful and attractive flower, what’s called carnation. They had some different colors but pink looked good to me. So I walked back where I was and asked the clerk about the flower. Eventually, I decided to buy rose as I planed. When I was in line at cashier, I saw a guy in Gray suits holding the carnation and asking to the clerk. Then, I started getting worried about the guy buying the flower. I couldn’t hear what the guy was asking. No sooner than paying money for rose, I turned back to check the place. Fortunately, the carnation was still there. Somehow, the guy wasn’t there. I was relief but felt my heart beating in unusual way. In fact, I don’t know why I didn’t buy the carnation. Maybe because I don’t have the fancy gray suits or can’t afford it with my small place. Probably there is no way I can get it because it’s not meant to be. Going throughout the store, I decided to come back here to see the carnation although I know I can’t get it. I wonder I might like the carnation rather than any other flower. I don’t know how to take care of flower but I would do anything to make the flower happy. On the way to go back, I would enjoy dreaming of buying the flower ,taking the carnation to somewhere and just watching the florescence of flower in essence.

After a couple of visiting the store, I will come back to the place to see the carnation and find that there is no longer the flower. I will get panic and ask about it. Unfortunately, nobody knows about the flower. The guy bought it or somebody else found the flower. I would regret why I didn’t buy the flower and unearth my dream will never come true. The bottom line is it doesn't really matter fot flower who give s water. Or maybe it does. That's why I would never be the one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

carnation is for MOM in tw

10:42 AM  
Blogger KAZU said...

hahahhahha~~ in JP as well. I think that's why I like "carnation" :P

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this is beautiful!! Everything looks so lush and i LOVE those flowers in the photo.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home